Sunday, May 9, 2010

Who wants to make a real "trip" this year with the boys?????

We have played 20 games so far this year. If I counted correctly we have 19 more scheduled games (with at least one more to get scheduled) and 3 tourneys. With the tourneys typically guaranteeing 3 or 4 games, we appear well on our way to 48-52 games; just about where we were aiming. Call me crazy, but I'm bolstered by our relative success as a team and the great chemistry the boys are developing.

Poll to the parents - I can get us in local tourneys for the 3 tourneys we're slated to play, or we can make a real "road trip." I don't mean anything exotic this year. No Panama City, Denver, CO or the like. But I'm curious -- what is you feeling about a Louisville, Huntsville, Knoxville or Southhaven, MS tourney this year? I had originallly planned a Jackson, Tn tourney for early in the year but opted for a local instead. As those of you with older boys know, out-of-town trips are fun for the kids if for no other reason than the hotel pool and a change of venue/competition.

So consider this a poll of sorts. I'm more than willing to schedule us for a short-range trip this year if the consensus is we're up for it as parents. Please leave a post to this query for all to see. I'll make a call after hearing from most of you - there are a lot of fun options out there if we're willing to work on it and invest in it - let me know your thoughts..........

No comments:

Post a Comment